Since being dairy-free, I have found that one of the most difficult things to substitute has been yogurt – nothing seems to be the right taste, texture or consistency. But I think I have created an even better alternative and I am so excited to share it with you! This cashew “yogurt” is so rich, creamy and delicious – I don’t even miss traditional dairy yogurt.
Cashew yogurt is packed with nutrition (healthy fats, protein and fibre to keep your blood sugar balanced) and I love that there are no fillers, additives or sugars – just real goodness.
This cashew yogurt recipe is simple to make and will last for up to 5 days, if you don’t eat it all before then. It’s rich, creamy and delicious. I love enjoying this recipe as a base for a morning parfait or as a nourishing afternoon snack.
RAW CASHEW YOGURT (PLANT BASED + GLUTEN FREE)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4-6 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- Soak the cashews overnight in filtered water (additional to the 3/4 cup listed above); or if you’re in a rush soak for at least 2 hours.
- Chop the medjool dates and combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until mixed thoroughly.
- Cool in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
- Top with your favourite healthy toppings (homemade granola, nuts + seeds, coconut flakes, berries, etc.) and enjoy!
If you try this recipe, and I think you should, I want to hear about it! Please leave a comment below and tag #blissfullyrebecca on Instagram, xx